Speech therapy provides the stepping stones necessary to develop effective understanding of language.
We aid patients in speaking, verbal comprehension, and regaining control of the ability to safely swallow.
Murphy Medical Center’s Speech Language Pathologists are trained in the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of people facing communication disorders, cognitive issues, and swallowing impairments.
Deficits in speech and swallowing can happen as the result of developmental and neurological disorders, trauma to the head, neck and throat, and events such as stroke and aneurysm. We serve patients of all ages from pediatric to geriatric.
We offer the following services:
- Swallow evaluations and treatment
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies
- Flexible Endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
- Speech evaluation and therapy
- Basic voice evaluation therapy
- Cognitive evaluation and treatment
Outpatient and home health speech therapy is available with a care provider’s referral. The outpatient office is located at the PARC (Peachtree Athletic & Rehabilitation Center) in Peachtree.